Title: ciRS-7 is a prognostic biomarker and potential gene therapy target for renal cell carcinoma
Journal: Molecular Cancer
Impact factor: 27.401
HiScript® III 1st Strand cDNA Synthesis Kit (+gDNA wiper)（number: Vazyme #R312, for 1st Strand cDNA Synthesis）
AceQ® qPCR SYBR Green Master Mix (High ROX Premixed)（number: Vazyme #Q141, for SYBR Green qPCR detection）
On November 5th, 2021, Chen Ming/Xu Bin of Zhongda Hospital Southeast University, and Peng Bo/Li Wei of Shanghai Tenth People’s Hospital affiliated to Tongji University jointly published online a research paper entitled “ciRS-7 is a prognostic biomarker and potential genetherapy target for renal cell carcinoma” in Molecular Cancer. The study has found that ciRS-7 is highly expressed in renal cell carcinoma (RCC) tumor tissues and cell lines, and can be used as a prognostic biomarker. It is further confirmed that ciRS-7 acts as the “ceRNA” of miR-139-3p, which prevents TAGLN from degrading and promotes RCC cell proliferation and migration through PI3K/AKT signaling pathway. In addition, the study also developed a targeted nanocomplex — PBAE/Si-ciRS-7, which can significantly inhibit RCC tumor growth and metastasis in vivo. The drug development of this nanocomplex may be a promising gene therapy strategy for RCC, which is very practical for clinical treatment of tumors.
Research ideas and results
1. ciRS-7 is overexpressed in RCC cells and tissues and it promotes in vitro cell proliferation, migration and invasion
2.miR-139-3p inhibits RCC cell proliferation, migration and invasion in vitro.
3. PBAE/si-ciRS-7 nanocomplexes can inhibit RCC tumor growth and metastasis
In order to boost this research, Vazyme introduces HiScript® III 1st Strand cDNA Synthesis Kit (+gDNA wiper) (number: Vazyme #R312), the third-generation high-efficiency 1st strand cDNA synthesis kit (degenome), and AceQ® qPCR SYBR Green Master Mix (High ROX Premixed) (number: Vazyme #Q141), which uses the SYBR Green-based qPCR assays. Researchers have used R312 and Q141 products to both detect the relative expression of circRNAs and verify the interaction between ciRS-7 and miR-139-3p, further revealing the promoting effect of ciRS-7 on the RCC cell proliferation, migration and invasion in vitro and the inhibitory effect of miR-139-3p, which help to identify the potential mechanism of ciRS-7 in RCC therapy.
HiScript® III 1st Strand cDNA Synthesis Kit (+gDNA wiper) (number: Vazyme #R312) contains a new generation of reverse transcriptase — HiScript® III Reverse Transcriptase and optimizer Buffer, which further improves the efficiency of 1st strain synthesis. The gDNA wiper Mix in the component can quickly and completely remove genome contamination to ensure that the follow-up results are more reliable, and also can simplify the design of qPCR primers, without need to design primers flanking introns This kit can not only synthesize full-length cDNA (up to 20kb) for downstream experiments such as cloning, but also highly uniform cDNA for qPCR.
AceQ® qPCR SYBR Green Master Mix (High ROX Premixed) (number: Vazyme #Q141) is a special reagent for qPCR using SYBR Green I chimeric fluorescence method. As a hot start DNA polymerase based on chemical modification, combined with the optimum buffer optimized for qPCR, its core component, known as AceTaq DNA Polymerase, can effectively inhibit non-specific amplification, thereby significantly improving the amplification efficiency and being suitable for high-sensitivity qPCR reactions.
R312 Product information
Product name and number:
HiScript® III 1st Strand cDNA Synthesis Kit (+gDNA wiper) (number: Vazyme #R312)
1. More efficient third-generation reverse transcriptase-based: it can further improve reverse transcription efficiency.
2. Flexible Primer Choice: different types of reverse transcription primers can be used flexibly for different experimental designs.
3. gDNA wiper Mix with the ability of removing genome contamination quickly and completely: it can ensure that the follow-up results are more reliable, and simplify the design of qPCR primers, without need to design primers flanking intron.
Q141 Product information
Product name and number:
AceQ® qPCR SYBR Green Master Mix (High ROX Premixed) (number: Vazyme #Q141)
1. Stringent hot-start polymerase: based on chemical hot-start method, AceTaq®DNA Polymerase provides perfect amplification specificity.
2. Optimized reaction system: it uses patented buffer formula to minimize non-specific amplification and primer dimerization, and to meet the needs of high-sensitivity qPCR reactions.
3. Excellent amplification performance: it has repeated and reliable quantitative results to meet the data requirements of high-level journals.
 Sung H, Ferlay J, Siegel RL, Laversanne M, Soerjomataram I, Jemal A, et al. Global Cancer statistics 2020: GLOBOCAN estimates of incidence and mortality worldwide for 36 cancers in 185 countries. CA Cancer J Clin. 2021, 71(3): 209-49.
 Capitanio U, Montorsi F. Renal cancer. Lancet. 2016, 387(10021): 894-906.
 Meng S, Zhou H, Feng Z, Xu Z, Tang Y, Li P, et al. CircRNA: functions and properties of a novel potential biomarker for cancer. Mol Cancer. 2017, 16(1): 94.